Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Being a Teacher, a Mother, and a Reader





Being a teacher, a mother, and a reader is sometimes overwhelming.  At times, I feel as if I am only successfully being two of the three.  The past two years, I’ve taken a break from teaching, being laid off for 20 months.  In those 20 months, I had just completed my Masters in Reading, I became a full-time stay at home mom, and started a book blog.  I had all of this energy and needed to find a book community to connect and share my ideas.  In December I was called back into the classroom.  While I was thrilled to be back to work, I knew my blogging would suffer, and suffer it did with a 6 month hiatus.  I don’t think I will be back to daily blogging, but I am still reading both professionally and personally.  I read daily to my Lil Guy, now age 4.  We still try to visit the library weekly, too.  So, if any readers are still interested on my take on being a Teacher, a Mother, and a Reader, I will try to be back soon to weekly blogging.  See tomorrow’s post for a few books I’ve read lately.  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment