Monday, April 16, 2012

What Are You Reading?

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA!  is a meme hosted by Jen and Kellee at Teach.Mentor.Texts. 


It’s my first time with this meme, but since I have been reading a lot, I feel I have a lot to share.  I was able to get so much accomplished this week, just because it was the perfect storm of reading and having a big bounty of books come in from my reserve list at the library, both digitally and on the shelf.  I read four YA/MG novels in one day/night.  It felt good, I forgot what it feels like to zone out and connect with books like that. So, here was my past week of reading:


Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
by Jesse Andrews– 
reviewed here


Anna and the French Kiss 
by Stephanie Perkins– 
reviewed here


Hound Dog True 
by Linda Urban– 
review coming




One and Only Ivan 
by Katherine Applegate– 
review coming

Roadwork!
 
AND MORE: 

The Trouble with Chickens  
by Doreen Cronin– 
review coming

Chloe and the Lion 
by Mac Barnett, Adam Rex– 
review coming


Ollie 
by Jarrett J. Krosoczka – 
Boy and Bot     4 stars on goodreads


Good Night, Laila Tov   
by Laurel  Snyder – 
5 stars on goodreads
LMNO Peas

Naptime 
Ollie the Purple Elephantby Elizabeth Verdick – 
4 stars on goodreads



NaptimeRoadwork 
by Sally Sutton– 
3 stars on goodreads


LMNO Peas 
by Keith Baker – 
4 stars on goodreads

Let's Count the Raindrops 
by Fumi Kosaka-
4 stars on goodreads


Boy and Bot 
by Ame Dyckman- 
4 stars on goodreads







This week I plan to read a few new picture books borrowed from the library along with:


Wonder by R.J. Palacio
Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu
13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Neversink by Barry Wolverton 

I am most looking forward to reading  Wonder, but also looking forward to all the others. And in other news, I am only 12 book behind in my goal to read 300 books this year.  (I count all picture books, board books, and graphic novels in my goal of 300.)

12 comments:

  1. Wow, You certainly read some wonderful books this week! I absolutely adored Me, and Earl, and the Dying Girl. so, so funny and real. Anna and the French Kiss, Hound Dog True, and The One and Only Ivan are all fantastic reads too! I STLL have yet to read Wonder, but Breadcrumbs is a lot of fun and 13 Reasons Why is absolutely, heartbreakingly fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Earl is a winner, no doubt. And, yes I had quite a reading week. It really energized me to read more and more. I think this week will be another great week for me too! Thanks for the visit. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a great week behind you and some great things ahead. We love Ivan at our house and are looking forward to visiting Katherine Applegate at our local bookstore tomorrow. I'm currently reading Wonder with my husband and two daughters, and I enjoyed Breadcrumbs. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so lucky to visit with Ms. Applegate. Her story (or Ivan's story I should say!) was so unique. She is quite the storyteller. As for Wonder, I started it this morning and hope to finish it before bed tonight. :) Happy Reading to you too!

      Delete
  3. I am really looking forward to Earl and Anna was fantastic! I keep meaning to take a little break from the YA and read Ivan. In fact, I just put a hold on it. Also, I totally count all of my audiobooks and graphic novels towards my reading goal on goodreads! Here is my list this week http://wp.me/pzUn5-W6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Earl is such a good read. So irreverent and funny, yet touching and poignant too. I read Ivan as an E-book, but I wish I would have had the paper copy. The illustrations weren't as satisfying as I wished they would have been in digital format.

      Delete
  4. I'll have to pick up Earl. Your book stack looks like one I'd put together. :)
    Happy reading,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If our book stacks look like they could get along, I will definitely have to check your piles out soon. : )

      Delete
  5. Lots of great books!!! I love Ivan. He's such a great ape. I loved reading Hound Dog True with Colby and talking about how great the writing is. I love Mattie Breen. For Easter, my sons got Roadwork and Little Blue Truck. Both are great romps in onomatopoeia! So much fun. You definitely had a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Blue Truck is read so often at our house my three year old has the entire book memorized. I thought it was a fluke, but then he recited it while we were driving in the car, without the book. Good thing I really really like the book. As for Ivan, it still has me thinking even a week after I read the book! And Hound Dog True, there were so many things I really sincerely loved about that book. It's one of my favorites of 2012 for sure. Hey, thanks for hosting It's Monday, What are You Reading? : )

      Delete
  6. Wow - what a great list of books! You've had a wonderful week of reading!
    \i'll have to add these to my list. I am enjoying |Wonder but haven't read any of your others.
    Hope you have another great week of reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great picture books! I'm adding several to my TBR. I'm sure you've already heard it, but Wonder is amazing, I'm know you'll enjoy. I wanted to hug Auggie and take him home with me :)

    ReplyDelete